Christmas Tinkering: An Early Childhood STEAM Workshop
Join Curious Kids Lynnfield for a fun Christmas-themed STEAM workshop!
This class will be a hybrid of the best that Curious Kids Lynnfield has to offer: a one-hour STEAM School Class and a one-hour Tinker Time class. During this class, we will not only investigate STEAM concepts connected to the theme of Christmas, but we will also engage in an investigation of Physics principles and the Engineering process. We will do some music and movement activities that build early number sense, bilateral coordination and motor planning skills. Children will even make and eat their own (allergy-friendly) Christmas snacks during our snack time, with some educational connections involved!
Take-home will include a letter that explains each activity and the Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences for the state of Massachusetts that it connects with, multiple Christmas-themed items made by your child, and a happy morning spent toiling away with peers in an enrichment workshop while you run last minute Christmas errands!
A reminder of a few Curious Kids Lynnfield's policies:
- Workshop classes are for preschoolers ages 3 and up who are able to use the bathroom independently
- Children attending Curious Kids classes must be fever-, vomit- and diarrhea-free 24 hours in the case of recent illness
- Registration closes a week prior to the class (on 12/14). After that time, refunds cannot be given as materials will have been purchased based on headcount.
- Classes exceeding 8 children will have a second, certified teacher onsite
- Curious Kids Lynnfield classes are "drop-off" classes, but if a child is most comfortable with a familiar adult onsite, that adult is more than welcome to stay
- Please set aside a moment or two when dropping your child off to complete a liability and emergency contact form. Thank you!