Introduction to the CA History-Social Science Framework
***This is the same workshop offered last school year. Please choose only one date option as they will be the same information both in November and February.
UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project's (UCBHSSP) will introduce participants to the new History-Social Science framework, which was adopted in July 2016. A central aspect of both efforts is to support teaches in developing inquiry-driven courses that integrate the H-SS Standards (content and historical analysis) and Common Core Standards for Literacy in History while integrating ELD instructional models.
UCBHSSP staff will provide a one-day orientation to the History-Social Science Framework, based on their vast experience working with teachers on integrating new approaches to learning.
Participating teachers will be introduced to:
- Major shifts in history-social science instruction as is outliend by the frameworks
- Ways to revise existing courses so they align
- Examples of Best Practices adn Examples in Instruction.
The UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project seeks to bridge the academy and K-12 communities to help teachers strengthen their instructional practice and provide equitable educational opportunities to all students, through a model of learning, practicing, and doing. Through institutes, workshops and seminars, and site-based coaching, UCBHSSP facilitators work with teachers to grow their practice. Their professional development approach includes models and trainings for differentiating instruction to access history, with a specific focus on supporting English learners and low level literacy students.
Targeted Audience: Administrators, Coaches, Teachers, & Paraprofessionals
Cost: $110 per participant
Materials and Lunch will be provided
Registration fees are non refundable unless a session is canceled.
1. To pay by check or purchase order: Click on Register. To complete your registration, enter the information required in the fields provided and select the offline payment method of your choice from the "Payment Method" menu.
- Please make checks payable to: Contra Costa County Office of Education
- Please mail checks to: CCCOE, attention: Christen Schwartz
77 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
2. To pay by credit card: click on the Register button and follow the instructions provided.
For registration information please contact:
Danielle Low, Administrative Assistant
or call (925) 942-3356