Truffle Making Workshop w/ Taza Chocolate (+ Wine Tasting)
Truffle Making Workshop with Taza Chocolate (with Wine!)
Presented by The Trustees
Chocolate and wine - the ultimate pairing! Satisfy all your wildest cravings and share a sweet moment with friends, family or a significant other making chocolate side-by-side.
This hands-on workshop has three delicious parts:
- First, our Taza chocolate expert will teach you how to make dark chocolate ganache from scratch using the highest-quality stone-ground chocolate and farm-fresh Appleton Farms cream. You'll work in teams to create a pot of hot ganache and dip bread and cheese into this delicious treat (it's like fondue).
- Then, Taza will join forces with the experts at the Massachusetts Wine Shop to lead the group through a mini wine and chocolate tasting & pairing class with three different wines and three different chocolates. You'll taste all the most popular Taza chocolate flavors of all intensity levels paired expertly with local Massachusetts-grown wines.
- And last, you'll roll decadent dark chocolate truffles by hand; made with chilled dark Taza ganache. You will dip your dozen truffles into four to five different toppings and take them home in a box - to either share or horde.
We'll also have a local cheese & snack board for participants to enjoy!
Truffle Rolling w/ Taza (+Wine Pairing)
- Saturday, September 7 from 5:00-6:30 pm
- Friday October 4 from 6-7:30 PM
- Friday November 15 from 6-7:30 PM
- Friday December 6 from 6-7:30 PM
- Friday, January 3 from 6-7:30 PM
- Sunday March 29th from 1-2:30PM
The KITCHEN at The Boston Public Market
100 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02108
Decorations: We'll provide 4-6 decorations in which to roll your truffles. Toppings may include: cocoa powder, cinnamon, crushed peppermint candy, graham cracker, pretzel, and cocoa nibs. The Halloween class on October 31 will have special toppings so attendees have the option to make "truffle monsters". Regular toppings will also be available.
Tickets: Each ticket comes with a dozen truffles. Tickets cost $55 per Trustees member and $69 per non-member (general ticket). Join The Trustees and save! Members save between 20-40% off all classes in The KITCHEN. Join the Trustees and show us your membership email and get the member rate. Join here.
Please note: We can provide a vegan truffle option, but all Taza chocolate contains traces of nuts, and so will the chocolate for this class. Please select VEGAN truffles in Eventbrite when you're buying your ticket.
About Taza Chocolate
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. Cacao is so complex in flavor that we want to let it shout loud and proud. That is why we do less to bring you more. We stone grind cacao beans into perfectly unrefined, minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted. Taza founder Alex Whitmore took his first bite of stone ground chocolate while traveling in Oaxaca, Mexico. He was so inspired by the rustic intensity that he decided to create a chocolate factory back home in Somerville, MA. Alex apprenticed under a molinero in Oaxaca to learn how to hand-carve granite mill stones to make a new kind of American chocolate that is simply crafted, but seriously good. To source the best cacao for Taza Chocolate, we cultivate direct relationships with growers and pay a premium over the Fair Trade price. We pioneered the first third-party certified Direct Trade cacao sourcing program in the U.S., to ensure transparency and fairness for all.
About The Trustees and The KITCHEN
As one of the largest owners of agricultural land and the premier steward of the cultural and natural landscape of Massachusetts, The Trustees extends its leadership to transform the local food system by connecting residents and visitors back to the land and sharing the Commonwealth’s collective agrarian heritage through innovative retail and educational experiences at the Boston Public Market in the heart of downtown Boston.
The KITCHEN is a community gathering place, managed by The Trustees, that is restoring the craft of seasonal cooking in Massachusetts, New England, and beyond through hands-on classes and educational experiences that celebrate the farmers and artisans of this region. Partnered with the Boston Public Market, The KITCHEN embraces a whole-food approach to eating and promotes cooking as an essential cornerstone of a sustainable food system.
Join The Trustees and receive 20%-50% off all classes, workshops, and events at The KITCHEN and all Trustees properties.
Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund. Refunds will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. The KITCHEN reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.