Cocktails 101 : The Art of Mixology
Over the past decade the world of mixed drinks has changed immensely. At Bourbon and Branch we are constantly staying on the cusp of this changing industry and we want to share our wealth of knowledge with you.
In this hands-on class we will cover the history and the evolution of the cocktail, and all the basics for their preparation. You will have the opportunity to make (and drink) three styles of classic cocktails, exploring their base structural nature and how to apply that to making your own creative cocktails at home.
Do you know why we shake or stir a cocktail? You soon will. In this class we cover:
- A Brief History of Cocktails ~ from as far back as 1800 up to the present day
How to make the essential cocktails that every bartender or bartending aficionado should know based on their template models
- The tools of the trade, and how to use them properly
- Technique: Stirring, shaking, straining, prep ~ the drink is so much more than the sum of its ingredients shoved together, it requires the nuances of preparation that we know
- Ingredients: Spirits, Syrups, Bitters, etc
- And Beyond: What questions do you have for us? All of our instructors have been bartending for a long time at the highest level. Now is your chance to ask them in an open format any questions that you may not have the ability to ask in a busy bar.
We look forward to sharing our knowledge with you.
Stay thirsty, Stay educated
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes, please a goverment ID.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions about the event please contact BevAcad@bourbonandbranch.com
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, Please contact BevAcad@bourbonandbranch.com