Aerobic Capacity Course
Chris Hinshaw is coming to Boston, MA !!
The Aerobic Capacity Course is ideally suited for all coaches and athletes looking to improve their muscular stamina and cardiovascular "engine". Join Coach Chris Hinshaw as he details his proven training methodologies to build work capacity and maximize athletic performance. The Aerobic Capacity Course is an approved CrossFit® Preferred Course.
The Aerobic Capacity Course teaches participants:
- How fatigue develops and limits athletic performance.
- How to maximize cardiovascular fitness by creating an optimal balance between energy systems.
- How to apply training based on aerobic capacity, lactate threshold and aerobic threshold to target personal goals.
- Speed-endurance and strength-endurance training protocols to increase overall work capacity.
- How to assess and identify any athlete's aerobic fitness.
- How to create individualized "paced" workouts.
- Understanding and performing the proper warm-up.
- Assessment, recruitment, sequencing and endurance development of the muscle-fiber spectrum.
- How to incorporate modern endurance-training methodologies into the full spectrum of functional movements (e.g., weightlifting, gymnastics).
PREREQUISITES: None. All athletes, coaches, and/or gym owners are welcome.
CERTIFICATES: Provided to each participant at completion of course.
LANGUAGE: The default language for this course is English.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs): Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainer may claim 6 CEUs towards their continuing education.
REFUNDS: No refunds or transfers.
COURSE DISCOUNTS: Please contact Aerobic Capacity at firstname.lastname@example.org for 20% discount for active duty or retired military personnel and first responders as well as a 50% discount for previous Aerobic Capacity Course attendees.
TICKET PURCHASE CONFIRMATION:
- You will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Aerobic Capacity. If you do not see this email in your inbox, please make sure to check your spam/junk folder.
- If you are still unable to find your order confirmation or are having any other technical ticket-related issues, please click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
- For all other inquiries, please contact AEROBIC CAPACITY at email@example.com
GENERAL COURSE SCHEDULE
Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. to check in.
9:00: Introduction: Overview of the course, "What is aerobic capacity?"
9:30: Metabolic energy consumption. Pacing, managing fatigue, & maximizing sports performance
10:30: Aerobic, muscle fiber, and CNS warm-up. Lactate threshold, clearance, and tolerance workouts.
11:30: Workout programming and building capacity. Targeting specific adaptations (i.e., improving recovery).
1:00: Slow twitch & fast twitch muscle fiber review. Muscular stamina and endurance.
2:00: Pacing, plyometric, and ballistics warm-up. Personalized stimulus workout
3:00: Intensity programming defined: Aerobic Threshold, Lactate Threshold, VO2 Max
3:30: Athlete on-boarding process, assessment, and practical application
4:00: Closing remarks