City Splash 2019
Let's Swim the Charles!
Join the movement to return public swimming to the Charles!
Join the Charles River Conservancy's movement to reclaim urban river swimming in the Charles River! City Splash is our annual one-day state sanctioned community swim. This summer marks the 6th year of City Splash, with over 1,200 people experiencing the joy of swimming the Charles River to date.
City Splash 2019 will take place on Saturday, June 15th from 12:00-4:30 pm at the Fiedler Dock on DCR's Charles River Esplanade. Changing tents and a bag check will be provided.
Registrants and spectators can also look forward to additional activation during City Splash including: on land activities and games, food trucks, information on the CRC's Floating Wetland Project, and the first ever Celebrity Cannonball Contest.
Participation in City Splash is limited to one 25-minute time slot. To ensure that you are able to enter the swim area at the beginning of your time slot, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your designated time slot to sign-in and fill out the required waiver. Access to the dock and swim area will be strictly limited.
1. This swim takes place in deep water.
2. Swimming is only allowed for registered participants during their supervised swim slot.
3. All participants must be 12 years old or older and able to climb in and out of the water via a dock ladder.
4. All flotation devices are prohibited.
5. Lifeguards will be on duty during the event.
6. The rain date for this event is set for Saturday June 22, 2019. In the event of cancellation, the event will be moved to June 22nd and participants registered for June 15th will have their registration transferred to June 22nd.
7. All registration fees are considered donations to the Charles River Conservancy and will not be refunded if the event is cancelled or if you do not participate.
8. For safety reasons, animals will not be allowed on the dock or in the designated swim area. Service animals are welcome. Please contact email@example.com if you need additional accommodations.
9. More specific rules for the event will be distributed to participants via email before the event.
Learn more about the Swim Park Project here!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Need-based fee waivers will be granted upon request, please reach out to email@example.com.