Secret Food Tours San Francisco
Learn the story of the immigrants that shaped the San Francisco food scene and how San Francisco shaped them. Many foods that are commonly thought of as Mexican and Chinese were actually invented in San Francisco. The Mission embodies an ever changing melting pot of flavors and culture, with award winning recipes that tell a story of a revolutionary city shaped by significant social movements.
By booking on our San Francisco Food Tours, we will take you on a tasting adventure with delicious foods and drinks that embody mouth-watering local and international influences. We will entertain you with stories of the city and its history; you will end up with a belly full of food and a greater understanding of the cuisine, the culture and the fusion that created it.
Plus, with all our tours, there is our Secret Dish, which you can only find out about on the day.
This tour takes you into the heart of the Mission District, where you will discover an incredibly lively and vibrant neighborhood with a rich cultural and architectural heritage. You and your friends will embark on a three-hour San Francisco gastronomy tour in the heart of the Mission District. You will have the opportunity to discover both the local latino inspired dishes as well as the myriad of cultures that have made their imprint on the Mission today. You will enter a community that fosters stunning political street art, both on the main roads and weaving through the city neighborhoods. All food, desserts, drinks, and a professional tour of the city are included in the price.
Our experienced guide ensures that you will leave with a stomach full of traditional food, plus local knowledge and sightseeing tips. This tour will enhance the pleasure of your trip that will last you a lifetime.
Immigrants shaped the unique characteristics of the Mission District within San Francisco. Originally home to Irish, German, and Italian immigrants the Mission District is now the the epicenter of San Francisco's latino culture. Our tours are more than just the food, our local guides connect the dots between history, culture and food to provide you an understanding of the Mission's thriving culinary scene. On our tours, we connect you with San Francisco's Mission District on a personal level - tasting and learning about the food local residents line up for, however with us, you get to skip the line.
On our Secret Food Tours in San Francisco, you'll get to try many different types of culinary delights, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- To begin, we take you to one of the best Taquerias in the nation, where people travel from all over the world come to taste the best of the best.
- Next, we head to a nearby Italian pastry shop for a sweet treat.
- We'll then try a tasty tidbit... our secret dish.
- We spend time looking at the fantastic street art and murals the Mission displays on each corner.
- Did you know that the Mission has the oldest building in San Francisco?
- Enjoy the international influence on the city, as we learn the story of the immigrants.
- A delicious Bahn Mi is on offer, a sandwich that came to prominence in the US via San Francisco.
- You can't leave the Mission without trying the delicious ice cream created by a family-owned market and creamery, near Dolores Park.
- We end our tour with a breathtaking view of the city, steps away from the place San Francisco received its name.
- Oh, and of course California wine, did we say Wine, All guests will get a sample of one of our most delicious wines.
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.