EOS Hackathon: San Francisco
The EOS Global Hackathon series is a first-of-its-kind event in the world of blockchain, with the continued goal of supporting a decentralized global community from the ground up.
Get involved and you will be joining hackers, product developers, marketers, and business leaders in creating a new wave of blockchain dApps that secure life, liberty, and property.
From June through the end of 2018, Block.one will be hosting a series of initiatives designed to find and give a platform to the most visionary architects of decentralization out there.
Four in-person events will be followed by a Grand Finale Pitch Competition that puts the best applications under the spotlight.
EOSIO: The Most Powerful Infrastructure for Decentralized Applications
(All prizes are in USD)
Those placing 1st - 3rd in the SF event will receive $2,000 USD per winning team member for travel and lodging to the Grand Finale in Cape Town.
1st Place: $100,000 (Cash + Travel)
2nd Place: $25,000 (Cash + Travel)
3rd Place: $10,000 (Cash + Travel)
Superlative: Three (3) $3,000 cash prizes delivered to superlative winners
The Hackathon Challenge will be released on the day of the event to ensure a level playing field for all participating! In the mean time, start getting familiar with documentation on the EOSIO Developer Portal and get involved with the community through our EOSIO social channels and Telegram groups.
*Schedule is subject to change
Wednesday, October 31st
- 18:30 - 20:00 |EOSIO Global Hackathon Virtual Session via Zoom
- Webinar Link: https://zoom.us/j/502434540
- Meeting Number: 502 434 540
Saturday, November 10th
- 08:30 - 10:00 | Doors Open & Breakfast Served
- 10:00 - 11:00 | Opening Ceremony/Presentations from Partners
- 11:00 | Coding Begins
- 12:00 | Lunch Served
- 12:00 | Breakout Session 1 - Technical Breakout (C++)
- 13:00 | Breakout Session 2 - Technical Breakout (Web/UX)
- 14:00 | Breakout Session 3 - Entrepreneurial
- 18:00 | Dinner Served
- 20:00 - 20:30 | Breakout Session 4 - Pitch Workshop
- 24:00 | Midnight Snack / Hack through the Night*
- *The venue will be open and staffed overnight if you’d like to hack through the night.
Sunday, November 11th
- 07:30 | Breakfast Served
- 09:00 | Breakout Session 5 - Pitch Practice
- 12:00 | Lunch Served
- 13:00 | Submission Deadline
- 14:00 | Round 1 Judging (3 min pitches)
- 16:00 | Doors Open for Individuals with Spectator Ticket
- 16:30 | Closing Ceremony & Top 10 teams announced
- 16:45 | Round 2 Judging
- 18:15 | Winners announced
- 18:30 | Networking Drinks & Dinner
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria, with a minimum score of 0 and the maximum score of 20 points, and the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
Utilization of Blockchain Technology (5 points): How well suited is the concept for blockchain? Is there a clear need for a token, smart contract, and distributed ledger technology? Was an EOSIO smart contract successfully implemented?
Creativity (5 points): How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge? Is the idea defensible or unique?
Impact (5 points): Did the team create an application that can have a real and valuable impact? Is the idea feasible / if pursued could it actually work in the real world?
Scalability (5 points): What is the growth potential of this application? What impact can it have on the world as a whole?
Teams of up to 5 participants are allowed. All team members must have completed the participation agreement to compete.
You may not begin your project until the competition officially begins. Please don’t come in and build on top of previous projects if you want to win.
Teams have full ownership of everything they build and are free to do with it as they wish whether they win or not.
Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before the competition ends.