Required Module 2017-2018
This course covers Agency Law, its history, foundation, and Minnesota License rules regarding relationships in a real estate transaction. This course will also look at federal Fair Housing law, its history, rules, and regulations. Prohibitions under the federal Fair Housing Act and the Minnesota Human Rights Act will be covered. Additionally, the class will review the laws and requirements pertaining to real estate transactions involving special entities as parties in real estate transactions. It will focus on issues that arise for real estate licensees from the time of customer inquiries through entering into a Purchase Agreement. Special entities covered will include powers of attorney, trusts, estates, guardianships, conservatorships, divorces and corporate entities.
After attending this class, real estate licenses will:
- Understand Agency Law and MN license rules on Agency relationships;
- Learn about the Federal Fair Housing Act;
- Understand the Minnesota Human Rights Act;
- Understand prohibited Acts under Fair Housing law;
- Understand of what is required by law involving special entities in a real estate transaction, including: o Powers of attorney ,Trusts o Estates, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Divorces and corporate entities;
- Learn how to identify issues related to these special circumstances and what to do when they arise; and
· Be better equipped to serve buyers and sellers in today’s complex real estate transactions.
This course has been approved by the MN Commissioner of Commerce for 3.75 hours of real estate continuing education